Knowing how to buy high heels online is a must in today’s society. Online shopping is easy, fast and much less stressful. Find limitless brands, colors, sizes and styles.
Even though buying high heels online makes sense, there are six steps that guarantee online shopping success. Along with these steps we include a size chart, a description and image of thirteen heel types, and the benefits of wearing high heels. Shop our selection. Dress for style and comfort.
The Six Steps To Buying High Heels Online
The following six steps will ensure shopping online high heel success.
- Know Your Brands.
New brands keep appearing. Be careful. Anything can look elegant in a picture, but the material may be cheap and of poor quality. Look for the old brands. Most of them who used leather still use real leather. Faux leather is fake leather and will not last as long.
- Read The Label
Some websites are known for providing accurate and abundant information. Use trusted websites that offer detailed descriptions about the heels upper material, lining and sole. Identify the heel height.
- Look For Size Charts
Some online shops provide great help such as heel to toe measurement in inches. This definitely clarifies the size in length.
The easiest way to measure the length of the foot is to take a piece of white paper and draw around the foot. Make a silhouette for both feet because one is usually bigger than the other. It’s the length from the back of the heel to the front of the biggest toe we are interested in.
The following charts were provided on the ebay.co.uk website in case you cannot find one. Note: All Sizes are US measurements.
Men’s Shoe Length Chart
The following chart indicates measurements for the most common men’s shoe sizes.
Foot Length in Inches
Corresponding Men’s Shoe Size In US
|9 1/2||6 1/2|
|9 13/16||7 1/2|
|10 3/16||8 1/2|
|10 1/2||9 1/2|
|10 13/16||10 1/2|
|11 3/16||11 1/2|
|11 1/2||12 1/2|
|11 13/16||13 1/2|
|12 3/16||14 1/2|
Women’s Shoe Length Chart
The following chart indicates measurements for the most common women’s shoe sizes.
Foot Length in Inches
Corresponding Women’s Shoe Size In US
|8 13/16||5 1/2|
|9 3/16||6 1/2|
|9 1/2||7 1/2|
|9 13/16||8 1/2|
|10 3/16||9 1/2|
|10 1/2||10 1/2|
|10 13/16||11 1/2|
Children’s Shoe Length Chart
The following chart indicates measurements for the most common children’s shoe sizes.
Foot Length in Inches
Corresponding Children’s Shoe Size In US
Shoe width size can be determined by measuring the widest part of the foot, known as the distance across the ball of the foot. Using the silhouette drawn to determine the length can be used here. Find the widest part and measure straight across. Use the charts below taken from Ebay to determine the width based on the inches you measured from the silhouette.
Men’s Shoe Width Chart
Men’s shoes come in narrow, medium, and wide widths, as indicated in the table below.
C or N (Narrow)
D or M (Medium)
E or W (Wide)
Women’s Shoe Width Chart
Women’s shoes come in narrow, medium, wide, and extra wide widths, as indicated in the table below.
B or M (Medium)
EE (Extra Wide)
A Brannock Device can also be used to determine both the width and length size values of the foot.
The unknown factor in fitting an unfamiliar shoe is knowing the length of the arch and how it is curved. Generally unless you have flat feet with no arch, most heels will fit; but those that fit really well are usually the more expensive brand designs which take great care in fitting high heels more precisely for the greatest number of women.
Some websites give customers an opportunity to rate shoe fit by selecting options such as: Too Small, Somewhat Small, Fits As Expected, Somewhat Large, Too Large. This is very useful because it helps the shopper to predict how well the shoe will probably fit them.
- Look for “Fit Reviews”
Fit Review gives the “Fit As Expected % Ratio”. Some websites give customers an opportunity to rate shoe fit by selecting options such as: Too Small, Somewhat Small, Fits As Expected, Somewhat Large, Too Large. This is very useful because it helps the shopper to predict how well the shoe will probably fit them.
- Review The “Return Policy”
Most reputable online stores will allow free return as long as the merchandise is not ruined in any way.
- Identify The Party Responsible For The Order Fulfillment
Reviews will indicate if the Party shipping the shoes is reliable and protects the package from damage.
Benefits Of Buying High Heels Online
Buying High Heels Online gives at least eight benefits.
- Selection options are much easier to narrow down online because online stores provide many category breakdowns from which to select as well as provide direct search by name. In a brick and mortar store you do not have an easy way to search all of the available options.
- More options are available online including color and material.
- Inventory availability is quickly provided.
- Review ratings and consumer reviews can be easily read before buying.
- Free returns are generally possible if the shoes are not what you expected or do not fit properly.
- Sales are easy to find.
- No high pressured salesmen. You can shop at your pace.
- No store hours exist. You can shop where ever and whenever you choose.
How To Select The Best High Heels
The number of high heel shoes available seems endless. A woman can easily spend several hours looking through the selections. Like us, you probably do not have that much time; therefore we use the following nine steps.
- Identify the occasion, weather conditions and outfit the shoes will be worn with most often.
- Know the height of heel you can wear comfortably. Remember to consider any foot problems you may have such as heel spurs, hammer toe, flat feet, back pain and such.
- Decide how much of your foot you wish to expose. Some women’s high heels cover the toe; others are peep toe. Some cover the entire back part of the foot; others expose the entire heel. Fasteners to keep the shoe on vary. Some have laces, buckles, or straps; other styles have no fasteners.
- Decide which type of heel is most comfortable and appropriate for the occasion.
- Know if Women’s High Heels styles with straps is something you can wear well. The location of straps is increasing as shoe designers become increasingly creative. Straps can be found around the toe area, the mid foot, the heel, the ankle and at various heights on the leg and even the knee and thigh.
- Decide which toe shape fits your foot with comfort. For toe enclosed shoes, a toe box shape gives the toes the most room to spread out; however such a style can look big and clumsy. Enclosed pointed toe shoes tend to squash the toes. Because many women end up with toe discomfort they prefer to wear open toe sandals.
- Identify upper material desired. Shoe uppers are made of so many different kinds of material including genuine leather (which includes animal skins, reptile skins, leather processed into suede, patent), faux leather (man-made), fabric (synthetic, denim, canvas), rubber), jute and many others.
- Make your color selection. If you need a specific color, selecting the color first may eliminate your favorite brand.
- Select the designer brand. Like us, you probably have your favorite brands your know from experience are high quality, fit and wear well.
Benefits Of Wearing High Heels
Wearing high heels does have advantages. We like to wear them and here is why.
- The obvious reason is they increase a woman’s height. Short women are grateful they have a graceful way of increasing their height.
- Heels add beauty to the legs. Different muscles are used to support and balance the body. The leg calves are tightened and accentuated which adds more sex appeal.
- Contrary to popular belief, high heel shoes for women can bring additional comfort. The level of comfort is dependent upon the shape of the arch, distance from the ball of the foot to the back of the foot and the amount and type of cushioning.
- A woman’s feeling of feminism increases as the heel-height increase. Flat shoes are thought of as casual and worn for the common ordinary occasions; whereas women’s high heels are considered for more special occasions. Height increases the slenderizing look of the legs as well as gives an overall appearance of slenderizing a woman’s figure.
- Raising the back part of the foot from a flat surface can protect more of the foot from water puddles, beach sand, and so many other things.
What Is A High Heel?
Technically speaking high is a height that is raised higher than the toes. Fashion designers prefer to define height as anything over 3.5 inches while those in the clothing industry prefer to call anything over two inches as high. Interestingly enough anything over six inches is considered jewelry adorning the feet.
We define high as any shoe that raises the back part of the foot visibly higher than the toes. By selecting this definition we can provide helpful information to a wider group of women.
High Heels Types
Knowing the high heels types will make shopping online easier because you can search by type. The following thirteen types are worth checking out.
- Stiletto are long, thin, high heels with the heel coming straight down the back of the shoe.
- Kitten are short, slender heel, usually from 3.5 centimeters to 4.75 centimeters high, with a slight curve setting the heel in from the back edge of the shoe.
- Wedge are heels with a sole in the form of a wedge, such that one piece of material, normally rubber, serves as both the sole and the heel.
- Platforms have an obvious thick sole, usually in the range of 3–10 cm (1–4 in).
- Stacked gives the illusion of thin layers of wood or other materials put on top of each other to create the heel
- Block are chunky looking with the same shape as stacked except there is no appearance of stacked layers.
- Cone is triangular in shape, the heel starts wide at the sole and tapers narrower, sometimes to a point.
- Decorative has jewels, rhinestones of such decorations on the heel.
- Flares have a slimmer base at the sole which gradually widen toward the bottom.
- French heels are usually high and pitched well forward and have a back line and breast line with a pronounced curve.
- Spool is wide at the top and bottom and narrower in the middle.
- Square heels are also known as block heels if they look square on the bottom of the heel.
- Espadrilles have a flexible sole made of Esparto rope.
Read To Buy High Heels Shoes Online?
Knowing the benefits of wearing High Heels, knowing how to select the best and how to identify the different types will make shopping online easier. The size charts will help you order the right size.